Saturday, November 21, 2009

So good

I've been joking all day that this recipe was developed by a cardiologist in need of patients, but this corn casserole was a hit at the Thanksgiving Potluck I attended today. This is delicious, but incredibly rich- perfect for sharing with a lot of people!

Shelly's mom's awesome corn casserole:

Serves 1 million :)

1 box Jiffy Cornbread Muffin Mix
8oz sour cream
1 can cream corn
1can whole corn (drained)
2 cups shredded cheese (plus more for sprinkling on top)
1 cup chopped green onions (optional)
1/4 cup softened butter
2 eggs slightly beaten

mix all together --pour into greased casserole dish, sprinkle with extra cheese---bake 45 minutes 350 degrees.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome. Sometimes you've gotta live a little right? I say Thanksgiving is definitely that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely! :) Every time I took a bite of the casserole, I wanted to say "Mmmmmm...." but since it was my own casserole I refrained b/c I thought it would seem vain.
    However, it was really good, and insanely easy to make. Recipes where you dump everything in a bowl, stir, and bake that turn out amazing are my favorite kind. :)
    It was also a huge ego boost just to listen and hear people say "Make sure you try the corn casserole. It's amazing!" :)

    ReplyDelete