Monday, August 31, 2009

Green Acres


I had a really good time on the farm this weekend. We relaxed, grilled, swam (in both a pool and a creek that we hiked to), rode 4 -wheelers, played Bocce Ball and Apples to Apples, watched movies, and shot empty cans and skeet (clay pigeons). It was definitely nice to get away from the city for a little while and hang out with my friends.
Jon's family's farm is so nice. It's in McComb, Ms, which isn't that far from my old home town- that part of the state is really pretty and quite rural. The property used to be an old town and it was very interesting to have Jon show us around saying "This building used to be a school house, and this used to be the general store." Now there is a big house, a pool, several fields for cows (which you can see in the picture of my dear boyfriend), horses, ponies, and mule; and a pecan orchard. The property is also home to at least 4 dogs and 4 cats. My favorite was a little Brussels Griphon named Sammy who was the friendliest little guy ever. He also looked like a gremlin and we all wanted to take him home with us.
Of course we brought lots of tasty food with us. Some of the highlights for me were the big boule of roasted garlic bread that Sarah picked up, and some pineapple mint juice she got from Beaucoup Nola. I'm officially adding Beaucoup Nola to my list of delicious healthy things b/c they specialize in making snowballs using fresh fruit juice rather than sugary syrup. Their juices are so fresh and delicious! I particularly like the pineapple mint and the mango chile. For this trip, we paired the pineapple mint with some Costa Rican rum (that Steph and my friend Shelby brought me when they went to Costa Rica this spring) which was incredibly refreshing.
All in all it was a wonderful weekend getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment