Monday, August 24, 2009

Looking Forward


I have a lot of things to look forward to in the next few weeks. This coming weekend, I have a haircut, and then a Coolinary dinner at The Pelican Club on Friday.
On Saturday, a group of us are going to Monroe, La to our friend Jon's family's farm. We're going to swim, barbecue, ride 4 wheelers (and maybe horses), and do some serious relaxing.
The next weekend I am attending a secret event for a family member who shall remain nameless, then running in the Crescent Connection Road Race on Sunday. It's 4 miles across the Crescent City Connection Bridge, which spans the Mississippi River and connects New Orleans to the West Bank. This will likely be the last time I race in my current running shoes b/c they are getting pretty old.
Finally, my friends and I are starting a book club! Our first book is going to be "The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie." I plan to post my thoughts on all of the books I read for the club, so feel free to follow along and let me know what you think of the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment