Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Classic



So many recaps, so little time!
I also wanted to post about the Crescent City Classic on Sunday. I love the Classic for several reasons. First, it was my first race- which means that it's been a year since I've been racing! I'm so happy to have found such a wonderful and healthy hobby! Secondly, the Classic is, in my opinion, the perfect length at the perfect time of year in New Orleans. 10K in April is just about ideal for a good fun run for me. And finally, the Classic is a really fun race. Lots of people wear costumes, there is a brass band playing at the halfway point, and spectators hand out all sorts of stuff- like mimosas, jello shots, bananas, and donuts!
I did not choose to dress up this year, but my darling fiance did. He wore cut off denim shorts and a sleeveless Jimmy Buffet t-shirt. And he beat me by a full minute! He walked around the rest of the day declaring denim the original Under Armor.
I was really proud of both our times because we each knocked 5 minutes off of our times from last year. I ran it in 57 minutes! :)
Of course, now that the Classic is over, I've identified a bunch of races that I want to run this year. Here, in chronological order, are the races I've found thus far that I want to run-

Run for Home 5K
Greekfest 5K
Forge Racing Spring Trail Series
Spillway Classic
Gulf Coast Half Marathon
Jazz Half Marathon
Stennis Half Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment