Friday, January 14, 2011

Looking Forward

I've found that obsessing over what I'm going to pack for my honeymoon is way more fun than actually planning my honeymoon. Unsurprisingly, my obsession is mainly about what shoes I'll bring. Obviously my comfortable Naturalizers will be coming with me, but I also want a pair of sandals that are magically cute, dressy, and comfortable when walking long distances (oh and cheap too). I'm also harboring a mild longing for a pair of Sanuk's but I think they would look too sloppy and "American" to take to Europe.
I think my darling fiance is doing something similar. Despite not knowing where we'll be living next year, he's sending me links to apartments in a couple of our favorite cities. Fantasy apartment shopping is way more fun than residency interviews!
I wanted to blog about this because I felt weird having three posts in a row about king cake. Of course, I promptly realized that I blogged about my Naturalizers last week. I may have to change the name of my blog to Sugar and Shoes.
As far as other stuff that's going on- I still need to enter the race, but I'm pretty much officially running the Mardi Gras Marathon in February, I finally chose my hairpiece for my wedding (a bejeweled ribbon headband thingy), and I'm supposed to be trying Ethiopian food tonight.

How do you procrastinate?

4 comments:

  1. Oooh oooh, Ethiopian is fantastic! You get to eat with your fingers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. * I finally answered your question here*

    http://complicatedday.blogspot.com/2011/01/ask-pharmacist-which-nsaid-should-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe I'm procrastinating by planning my own European vacation. I'm going for a month between my defense and your wedding! London first then Paris with Colin (and probably a Belgium beer run). Come to SF so you can help me pack!

    ReplyDelete