Tuesday, August 11, 2009

At long last

I finally got my new car! Like I said before, it is a dark gray 2010 Subaru Forester. I had to go to Mobile to get it, which actually worked out well because I had a nice long drive to get used to it. I really like it!! It is smaller than my Explorer but honestly feels just as roomy inside. It also feels really smooth and stable on the road, and the seats are incredibly comfortable- all in all I am very happy so far. :)
It still feels kind of surreal. I had my Explorer for ten and a half years and I was very attached to it. But it wasn't going to last forever, or even much longer, so I am glad I was able to take advantage of Cash for Clunkers. I wouldn't have purchased a new car without that incentive, but I am certainly happy that I was able to get a new one. (Love the new car smell!)
I am really proud of myself for buying my first car as an adult because I was really nervous about car shopping and dealing with salespeople. But I did it and it is finally over!
Of course, I took before and after pictures!


With my now dearly departed Explorer (not gonna lie- I apologized to it before I left the dealership)


My new car!!!!! (P.S. Aren't the crepe myrtles at my parent's house pretty?)

Now that I am done driving for the day, I am celebrating with a glass of champagne. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and best of luck with your new car! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete