Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dirty Blondies


I did a trial run of the blondies last night- I made them with bourbon, pecans, chocolate chunks and....(drum roll please)....browned butter! I've read about browned butter before and heard that it was awesome, but I've never actually tried to make it before.
Well, it turned out perfectly (browned but not burnt) and gave the blondies a really rich, nutty taste. It also made them a pretty dark color- hence the title of my post.
The blondies are delicious and I'm sure my coworkers are enjoying them, since most of them got dropped off in the break room this morning. The recipe was really easy and fast- I'll definitely be making these again. (Especially since I am a notoriously bad dessert maker- it's nice to have something that goes right!)
I also think that the bourbon soaked figs will be an excellent mix in since the blondie batter itself tastes like butterscotch. I'd picked up butter scotch chips to go with the figs, but now I'm rethinking it- I think white chocolate would be better....
Such yummy a dilemma!

3 comments:

  1. i love the addition of the bourbon and browned butter. they sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh. . . my tummy is rumbling! I need some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Browned butter in anything is incredible.

    ReplyDelete