Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Deliciousness

I know I'm on some sort of blogging binge (4 times in 2 days, egads!) but I just had to post that my paprika scrambled eggs over broiled portobellos were insanely good. And so easy.
I brushed the portobello caps with olive oil, added a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, the broiled them for 5 minutes, flipped them over, and broiled them for another 4 minutes (5 would have been too long).
I then scrambled eggs using a technique I looked up on the internet. I have to say that Gordon Ramsey is a genius because these eggs were amazing- they were perfectly done (not too dry!) and the texture was incredibly velvety. I'll leave it to the video to explain how it's done- basically you add the eggs and butter at the same time, don't start scrambling until the eggs are on the heat, stir constantly while taking the eggs on and off the heat, and add a little milk or cream and your spices when the eggs are nearly done. The only thing I did differently was use 2 eggs instead of 3 and use milk instead of creme fraiche. I also added some (a good sized pinch) of my paprika when the eggs were nearly done cooking.
But seriously, go make this if you like mushrooms at all. It's the best 10 minute meal ever. And of course, bad blogger that I am, I was too busy stuffing my face to take a picture.

1 comment:

  1. I saw that Gordon Ramsay video a few years ago and have made my scrambled eggs that way ever since! It's so good!

    ReplyDelete