Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Veggies are beautiful

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I was able to go to the Farmer's Market again on Saturday! I think that the fresh vegetables there are always so beautiful and appetizing! I bought more than I really needed because everything looked so delicious.

Delicious Carrots

I forgot to take a picture of my green onions until after I chopped them up

Beautiful Kale- my favorite!
Red Potatoes

This Cabbage is about twice the size of my head- and it was only $1.50!!I've managed to work my way through two of these big tupperwares full of cabbage so far this week
I've also been snacking on Satsumas


Is there a Farmer's Market where you live?

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh! I'm just now seeing your new format (down-side to using Google reader). Beautiful! I love the photos of the gorgeous produce. Thanks for sharing. Yes, we have a Farmer's Market where we live...May-October. My favorites are the produce, natural-flavored popsicles (think honey, mint, rosemary flavored), donuts made by the Mennonites, tamales, ham biscuits, sweet corn, red potatoes, etc...LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We have all natural popsicles and tamales too- but I wish we had donuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't I just wish it. Our local produce comes from California.

    ReplyDelete