Friday, September 11, 2009

Banana-Fana

Last night, I finally got around to trying the Banana Soft Serve recipe I've seen making it's way around the net. It's ridiculously simple- you put 2 frozen bananas in a food processor and blend for about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides frequently, until it's the texture of soft serve ice cream. I wanted to add some vanilla to mine but I am out of vanilla, so I added a little cinnamon instead. It was really good! My dear boyfriend thought that it tasted like frozen bananas, but I thought it tasted like banana flavored frozen yogurt. The one thing I didn't like was that you need to use two bananas (I think this is so the food processor will have enough to work with), which is more than I wanted to eat. I froze half of mine. The best part was the texture- it was incredibly smooth and creamy, especially when it got a little melty. (I guess if I don't like the texture of the half I froze, I can always throw it into a smoothie or try putting it back into the food processor.) All in all, if you have a food processor, you should definitely give this a try!
Three cheers for a 100% healthy dessert!!

6 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try that! I'm glad it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just had the second half and after I microwaved it for 30 seconds it was perfect. I also added more cinnamon which was so yummy! It reminded me of Banana's Foster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason when I made this it came out watery and stringy. Everyone else's looks so good, so I will have to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's strange. I wonder if you pulsed it too long or if you bananas were somewhat thawed out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo! Hi, Bonnie! :) I actually just made my second bowl of banana ice cream (b/c it's awesome after long runs- I just make it a day in advance, eat half as a snack, and nuke the frozen half after I run) and it turned out even better. This time I added vanilla, cinnamon and a little drizzle of agave nectar. Oh and post run I nuked it too long but topped it with honey and ate it anyway- it was so good- like a milkshake!

    ReplyDelete