Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Glorious Gluttony

I am currently traveling for work, and one of the biggest benefits is that my boss is as much of a foodie as I am- so I always eat well when I'm in Houston. And by eating well, I mean, of course, eating decadently.
I went to a great Latin Grill for lunch called Las Adas and had white fish, salmon, and shrimp sauteed in their "house sauce" (which tastes like coconut milk and delicious spices) with onions and red bell pepper. I also had a number of plantain chips with chimichurri sauce.
Tonight I intend to get the Landaise Pizza (duck confit, roasted garlic, and caramelized onion) and a salad from Bistro Provence.
Friday, I will be back in New Orleans, and have plans to take advantage of a "3 appetizers and 1 glass of wine for $28" special at Ralph's on the park. The menu options look amazing and of course I'm planning my choices in advance because I love reading online menus and getting excited about my upcoming meal.
I think I'm going to go with the Sweetbreads (yes, I know it's thymus), Beet Duet, and Wild Mushroom Ravioli....but the Creole Tomato & Red Pepper Soup, and the Jumbo Shrimp also look very tempting!
And after all that good food, I will be grilling veggies (fresh summer squash from my parents' garden!) and going for a long run on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment