Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Relatively Healthy Dessert


My dear boyfriend recently informed me that he owns a set of ramekins. I've always wanted some ramekins, so I was very happy to find this out!
Tonight, I was craving a baked dessert, so I decided to use a ramekin to make a single serving. I adapted a blackberry crumble recipe to make it tiny and as healthy as possible. It turned out lovely, so here is my recipe!

1/4 Cup Frozen Blackberries (Thawed- I stuck them in the microwave for 2 minutes, actually)
1 drizzle of Agave Nectar (or a little sprinkle of sugar if you don't have this)
1/8 cup oats
1/8 cup whole wheat flour (or regular flour if that's what you have on hand)
1/8 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp of cinnamon (this is approximate, I just added this to taste)
1/2 tbsp of butter (putting the "relatively" in "relatively healthy," haha)
1 tsp ground flax seeds (omit this if you don't have it)

Placed thawed blackberries in the bottom of the ramekin. Add a drizzle of agave nectar and stir. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl until the mixture is crumbly. Add to ramekin, on top of blackberries. Bake at 350 for 13 minutes.
I enjoyed my blackberry crumble topped with a little cream. Ice cream would have been tasty as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment