Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Swamp Monster


My trip to the Atchafalaya Basin this weekend was wonderful! The swamp is incredibly scenic and peaceful, and it was so nice to get away. Our houseboat was really charming and we all spent most of our time on the porch, enjoying the unexpectedly wonderful weather. The weather channel predicted a weekend full of rain but it was perfectly sunny the entire time we were on the water, and it was much cooler on the water than on land. The highlight of the trip for me was our "pet" alligator, Gucci, who ate anything we threw at him, including the corks off our fishing lines. I also really enjoyed the hammock that my darling fiance brought and hung across the porch. The only complaint I have about our trip is that I think I fed every mosquito west of the Mississippi, despite wearing lots of bug spray! Mainly, I think I will let our pictures from the trip speak for themselves. I hope y'all like them!


No comments:

Post a Comment