Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco

When I had tamales and "taco salad" last night, the fact that today is Cinco de Mayo somehow totally escaped me. Two of my dear friends are celebrating birthdays today, so I'm actually going out for Mexican food today as well! And to top it off, I used the leftover salad toppings to make myself a big pot of brown rice and black beans to eat for lunch all week. I guess I'll be celebrating Cinco de Mayo all week!
My "taco salad," by the way, was excellent. I ended up just adding tomato, avocado, green onions, diced green chilies, and salsa to baby spinach. It had everything I like about taco salad, but was actually quite healthy.
Prior to dinner last night, I lifted weights for the first time in quite a while. I enjoyed the workout and it didn't feel that difficult at the time, but today I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I am also starving. (I've been sneaking bites of chocolate peanut butter to supplement my afternoon snack- a banana with more of the aforementioned peanut butter.) I guess that means it was an effective workout!
In other news, our neighborhood mamma cat (who I call Domino) has given birth to her third litter of kittens since we've moved into our apartment. We discussed the issue with our next door neighbors/feral cat co-feeders and they are going to see if they can get the humane society to come spay Domino and have her kittens adopted. I hope that good homes will be found for the baby kitties because they are tiny and adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment