Monday, May 4, 2009

Finally

I think I need to make a couple of posts before my two lovely weekends fade away in my memory.
Last weekend, I hosted my friend Kristi's bachelorette party. The girls came in town on Friday at varying times. The early arrivals and I feasted on tapas. After everyone else arrived, we enjoyed delicious snacks, champagne punch, and a very festive panna cotta. (Sufficed to say, I molded it in a naughty cake pan!) We then stayed up until 3am playing Apples to Apples.
On Saturday, (after waking up way too early at 8am) we took the streetcar to the French Quarter and had lunch at Felix's. After spending the day wandering around the Quarter, we went back to my house for crawfish and Abita beer, got dolled up, then went back out to the Quarter! We got home sometimes around 5am.
We got up around noon on Sunday and headed to Jazzfest in time to catch a little bit of Better Than Ezra and all of the Dave Matthews Band. It was lovely and the weather was wonderful! Of course, the food at Jazzfest was once again beyond compare. I feasted on a duck poboy and some tasty Boudin! We ended the night at Lebanon's for dinner because after a decadent weekend in New Orleans, we were all dying for veggies.
Monday arrived way too early, especially for several of the girls who had to fly out sometime around 5am. Unfortunately, they got lost on the way to the airport, which meant that I had to give them directions on the phone around 4:30. Happily, they made their flights!
Overall it was such a good weekend- well worth the cold it brought on! I really loved getting to know Kristi's friends from Seattle and it was so good to spend time with Kristi and my other old friends who came to help her celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment