Thursday, May 28, 2009

Finally


After work I went to TJ Maxx and finally found a frame that will hold two 5X7 photographs. I've been meaning to frame the pictures that my dear boyfriend and I ordered from the Crescent City Classic, but I've had a very hard time finding a) the time to look for picture frames and b) a frame that suited my purposes.

I actually wanted a frame that would stand on its own, and the sticker on this frame said that it would, but it was lying. We had to hang it on the wall. On the plus side, it was only $8, so I can stomach a little deception for a good price. :)

Anyway, here is a picture of the pictures of us crossing the finish line.

I also got a new wallet at TJ Maxx because my old one was falling apart. I was very fond of my old wallet (it was pink snakeskin!), but it was time for a new one. This one is teal leather (or fake leather, who knows) and actually will hold more stuff than my old wallet, so hopefully it will last a bit longer before I completely destroy it.

I am habitually hard on wallets. I keep too much junk in them and the resulting strain tears them apart at the seams. When I was in college, I actually carried a men's wallet and either stuck it in my backpack or tucked it in my pocket, but once I started relying on a purse again, I found the men's wallet to be way too bulky. This wallet, like my last, is long and skinny and will actually fit in my bags without making an unsightly lump.

When I first walked into TJ Maxx I thought "Why don't I come here more often? There is so much cute stuff." After I had to rip myself away from an adorable Lesportsac bag for $25 that I did not need I had my answer. There is just too much cute stuff there that I want!

I did make a couple other purchases today. I saw a health food store in the corner of the TJ Maxx strip mall that I hadn't seen before and went in to check it out. They were about to close up, but I picked up some ground flax seed to add to my cereal and oatmeal. Flax seed is full of fiber and omega 3 fatty acids, so it will be a good healthy addition to my breakfasts.

I also ordered a couple of books from Amazon.com to read on my vacation.
I ordered The Forgotten Garden and We Have Always Lived in the Castle. The latter book is supposed to be pretty creepy- the author also wrote The Haunting of Hill House, which I read and enjoyed in high school.

Aside from that I've had a pretty calm evening. I made maple glazed salmon with rosemary; whole wheat couscous with spinach, walnuts, dried figs and dried cranberries; and roasted zuchinni and squash for dinner because I was feeling pretty creative. It was a tasty meal!

Now I'm relaxing with a glass of white wine and settling in to finish planning our Maine vacation. I have been making a spreadsheet with all of the places we may want to go, along with pertinent information like their address, hours, and entrance fees. I'm such an engineer. I am really excited because in a week, I will be relaxing and hopefully chowing down on some lobster! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the Classic. I did it every year while I was living in New Orleans. It used to end up in Audubon Park at the river. I think I heard that it goes a different direction now. I have every T-shirt I earned hung on my wall. It was always a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right- now it starts around Jackson Square and ends in City Park. It is still a great time though! :)

    ReplyDelete