Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Yum!

A couple new delicious healthy things for today!
I just tried an almond & coconut Kind Bar and it was fantastic. Super coconut-y (with really big flakes so you don't have to endure the easter basket grass texture of shredded coconut), crunchy, sweet (but not too sweet), and filling. The nutritional stats are good as well: 190 Calories, 4 g of protein, and 4 g of fiber. I only bought 1 at the store to try them out, but I will definitely be going back for more!
Also, I don't think I've written about my new favorite lunch- spicy sabra hummus, bbq sauce, fresh baby spinach (I've graduated from the plastic bags to the big plastic boxes of spinach in the produce section- and go through about a box a week!) and a slice of cheese (I prefer swiss or pepper jack) in a whole wheat wrap. The combination of hummus & BBQ sauce (Humbeque) is particularly delish! I usually make my wrap in the morning then nuke it for a minute and a half around lunch time. It is spicy, cheesy and wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly! I loved your post on OSG and wanted to know if you wouldn't mind if I published it on Reading Comfort's blog: readingcomfort.blogspot.com. I would credit you and link back to your fabulous blog, of course.

    Thanks and look forward to hearing your thoughts.

    Best wishes,
    Mandy

    Mandy Unruh
    Reading Comfort
    readingcomfort@mail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can put my post from OSG on your blog! I am so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete